Wednesday, April 22, 2009

30 Day Shred - Day 1

Mr. S (AKA - J) and I started the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels today. I've heard a lot of chatter about it recently so we decided we'd give it a go. We started with level one and I can see what people mean - Jillian's a pain in the ass, literally!

A wee bit of background. Since J and I got together I've had the unfortunate experience of gaining approx 70lbs. To be honest, I've never been thin. I'd say I have an 'athletic' build (you know, broad shoulders and hips). I look healthy, feel the best, and am most 'fit' at around 160-165, which is where I started. So if you're a math whiz, than you've already figured it out... I maxed out just over 230. Thankfully the year leading up to our wedding I was able to lose 32lbs. I'm almost halfway there! But, like most people that struggle with eating right and exercising, I've hit a rut. I've been lacking motivation. I'm finally starting to get ramped back up and it really helps that J is going to do it with me!

I'm starting now at 204.5. Thankfully I'm still eating pretty well and haven't gained any additional weight since this summer. My goal is to lose 10lbs by the end of May. 5+ weeks. I think that is a reasonable goal and something I can attain if we stick to the plan. My long term goal is to get under 170. The plan involves doing The Shred 5 days a week and walking/jogging with the dog on the other two days. That gives us a bit of activity every day.

Let the shredding begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment