Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

I know that I spend a lot of time on this blog venting about this or that. I probably use this as an outlet more than I should, but it really is helpful to get it out! With all of my griping, I have a tremendous amount to be thankful for.

I have the most amazing friends and family. My friends, for real and e-friends, are always there for me when I need an ear. This year has certainly had its challenges and I am forever grateful that I haven't had to face this journey alone. My friends make me laugh. Boy what a release laughter is. This year I have truly had FUN. I feel like I have lived and had adventures and been able to reconnect with a part of myself that had been stagnant for awhile. Friends are the family that you choose. Well if I must say so myself, I have good taste.

My family... They are my biggest supporters. I cannot tell you the confidence and love I feel from having the greatest cheering section on the planet. Now, not all (or any of my family for that matter...) of my family and friends know of our current child-making attempts. However, we are still trying to live our lives. Plan for our future, save money, etc. I am forever grateful knowing that the people in my life are there to support me, no matter what. I think I'm finally ready to sit down and talk to my Mom about all of this... but that's a post for another day.

My health. Other than our issues, or my issues I suppose, with infertility I am otherwise very healthy. I've been slacking on the losing weight thing the last few weeks (damn holiday treats!), but overall I feel better than I have in years. I love it when my husband wraps his arms around me and calls my skinny (Ha. I wish) or a friend I haven't seen in awhile tells me how great I'm looking these days. Who wouldn't!? But more than that, I love how I feel. I have energy and feel stronger. I feel more in control and that's invaluable. It motivates me to know that I'm not even 'there' yet! I have more good feelings and energy awaiting me (if I can stick to my gym routine that is!). I think 2010 is my year to finally get it done.

Last, but never least, is my husband. J is without a doubt the most amazing part of my life. Without him I have no idea where I would be. It's a corny cliche, but he makes me want to be a better person. I do what I do every day because I want him to be proud of me. He challenges me to push myself a little further than I thought I could. He supports my decisions (even when he can't make them himself, lol - men!!) and holds my hand through the tough stuff. We've been on an emotional roller coaster this year. We've been brought closer and been pushed further away in other relationships in our life, but ours has done nothing but grow. Getting married after 7 years of dating and you think you know just about all there is to know about a person. Well, boy was I wrong. That man amazes me every day. I've had the privilege of doing most of my 'growing up' with J and I am so profoundly proud of the man he is today and simply honored to be his wife. The idea of him becoming a father is what keeps me on the TTC path. Some days 'I love you' just doesn't quite seem to cut it. He's one of the few good ones.

I hope that your Christmas is spent with those you love. That those who have enriched your life know just how much you love and appreciate them. It is my Christmas wish that all of you have joy, love, health and happiness in 2010.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment