Monday, January 31, 2011

The Gym

Another challenge of my diet has surfaced and doesn't want to go away - the gym. I feel like I haven't worked out in years when I go to the gym now. About 10 minutes in to whatever it is I'm doing, and I am just exhausted. My heart rate is a little harder to keep at acceptable levels. Overall I'm really having to take it easy.

I'm not sure what I think about that. I know that I'm taking in a lot fewer calories, so that plays a part. Doc mentioned that for the first couple of weeks my body would be in a state of detox, since I am eating so much 'cleaner'. That could be contributing. Do I try to go more frequently but do shorter workouts? Do I do every other day and keep up with what I'm doing? Any thoughts or suggestions? I am going to revisit this in my appointment this week.

Aside from having a strict bedtime and the gym being a struggle - things are looking up a bit. I don't want to jinx it, but I am feeling better. My weight loss has slowed a tiny bit, but is still going down each day bit-by-bit. Less with the highs and lows, I have evened out a bit and I am grateful for that. After just over a week I feel like things are settling a bit.

Hopefully that means I'll make it the long hall!

I know that I mentioned including meal plans and measurements. I haven't forgotten, but things have been a bit busy on my end. They're coming! (along with a non diet-related post for a change. lol) Thank you for your patience and, as always, your support.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going to the gym...it will start to get a little easier everytime you are there!

    ReplyDelete