Monday, January 17, 2011

My New Soul Mate

Just a quick disclaimer and then I'll get on with the program. I believe in soul mates. Yes, I'm that corny. While I believe in soul mates, I should mention that I don't believe that there is just ONE person out there for everyone. I believe it is possible for a single person to have more than one soul mate. I don't believe that means you have to sacrifice any of the love you already have for your current soul mate(s) either (::waves to husband and dear friends::). It's almost like having another child, you just find a way to love even more.

So, while that might not be 'soul mate' by its traditional definition, that's what we're working with around here. In my little world I feel like there are those folks in our life who were meant to be there. Your souls match like puzzle pieces. When these people come into your life, they just fit like that skinny pair of good-butt jeans. You know the ones I'm talking about. That pair of Abercrombie size twelves from when I was 18 and you could have bounced a dime off my ass. Sigh....

Sorry, got off track there.

This weekend I finally had a chance to meet another soul mate. Susan. A friend that I know deep down really gets me. Not in the 'I'm sorry for what has happened to you, I wish I could understand, but I'm here for you.' kind of way. But, instead in the mutually-commiserative, bitch-I've-been-there-too, kind of way. We 'met' on a message board on The Bump over two years ago. Back when I was blissfully ignorant and ready to conquer the world with my spawn in tow. Boy have the last two years put us both through the ringer.

But, my trials have brought me Susan. A fellow PCOS'er with a heart of pure gold. We laughed A LOT, cried a few good healthy tears, and really got to know each other this weekend. With our two great friends Ashley and Rachel we had a glorious weekend. We showed Susan Seattle, we shopped, chatted, drank wine, and we even cooked together. When my period started Sunday morning, I didn't even need to say a word. She sighed and said 'I know.' For the first time I've not had to say a single word and I knew that all that was in my mind at that moment was completely understood. And, I could just let it all go. It was the most fun (minus that whole AF part) I've had with my girlfriends, while being 110% my true authentic self. It was liberating.

Unfortunately for me, Susan lives in California with her husband (who may or may not have been separated from Mr.S at birth, we're still doing the research...). But even with our distance I know that Susan and I will remain good friends. As she put it, "It just feels right." I'm so glad to have found another piece to my puzzle. To have found another pair of those skinny good-butt jeans (yes, Susan, I just called you good-butt jeans - you're welcome. lol). I have another soul mate in my life.

Thank you for the wonderful weekend, girls. I appreciate all of your love, support, laughter, and friendship. I am eternally grateful for the impact you've had on my life. This weekend, and you, were exactly what I needed. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I will forever be your good butt jeans. I love you, too. Very much so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I totally know what you mean - there are some people in this world who just get it, whatever IT may be. You are lucky to have found such support!

    ReplyDelete