Thursday, November 17, 2011

SoCal is Where My Mind States

We found ourselves in gorgeous sunny San Diego last weekend!

We spent some fantastic quality time with one of my dear BFFs Susan, her husband, and their brand new foster to adopt placements! Got to meet the kiddos, eat pie for lunch, and generally just enjoy each others company. Even if it was only a short time.

Thankfully we had the opportunity to rent a convertible, drive the coast, and even window shop for real estate (one of my favorite hobbies). We spent a good amount of time in the Gaslamp Quarter. Had beers at the Tipsy Crow, a tasty dinner at Strauss Brewery, etc. The concierge at our hotel (we stayed at the W and really enjoyed it!) recommended an awesome place for lunch - Craft and Commerce. It was awesome! I highly recommend it.

Sunday was a gorgeous day. Almost 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! This was the day we spent 7 hours walking around the San Diego Zoo. It was so fun! If you've ever been there, you know the place is HUGE. While we covered pretty much the whole zoo, I doubt very highly that you'd cover too much of it with little ones.While we were a little sad at times to think that I could be taking photos of my belly in front of the different exhibits, we know that we'll be back. I'm confident that we'll take our children there someday. That just means it will just be even more special next time.

We really enjoyed our little getaway. It was nice to spend some time, just the two of us. We're very fortunate to be able to travel quite a bit recently, but we don't often get the one-on-one time. We travel very well together. We like to wander in the same places, enjoy checking out local spots, and both appreciate some good down time. Jeremy hasn't always been as passionate about travel as I have, but I was thrilled when he admitted this weekend, "Sweetpea, I think I've got the travel bug." YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment