Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkeys in the Oven

This year we're making the rounds instead of hosting Thanksgiving. Even without hosting I've found a way to be responsible for the bird, which is currently in my MIL's oven. What can I say? J loves my cooking. (As you know, modesty is one of my finer qualities.)


Even in a roller coaster year, we have so much to be thankful for. Our family, first and foremost. As crazy and dysfunctional as they may be. They're my crazies.


Our friends. Near and far they're one of a kind. I'm so comforted by the love and support we've received over the years.


Our Sprout(s). Even if we couldn't keep Sprout for long, I am forever thankful for the impact he/she had on our lives. My hope, which has been a continually dimming light over the past three years, was restored with Sprout. I know now that we can get pregnant. That it is and will be in the cards for us. I learned to love at a new level during those short and stress filled weeks. Something I will never forget is the love we and our wee-one were shown. The joy, excitement, and elation were something that will never leave me.


Lastly, but never least, is Jeremy. That man is my rock. My partner in crime throughout or adventures. He knows ne better than I do sometimes. He isn't perfect, but his desire to try, learn, and do better next time, continually reinforces why I chose him. He is the definition of good. During the days I am not sure who I am and why I'm here, he brings me back to myself and to him. He's my safe place. He makes me want to be better each and every day.


My hope is that each of you is spending time with those you love and care about. I will continue to think of each of you and hope you're blessed with more and more to be thankful for.


Happy Thanksgiving!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment