Thursday, August 26, 2010

Answers!

Here are the answers to this weeks Q&A:


1) From Bobbi: Is IVF something you will ever consider?

Yes. While J and I both hope that this will never be medically necessary, it is something we'd consider. Because our insurance does not help much in this area, and as we all know it isn't cheap, this would be a pretty long term plan. Probably something we'd consider more if we still haven't conceived for another couple years.

Unless we won the lotto or something. :)

2) From Kakunaa: What is the craziest thing you ever did on a dare?

Skinny dipping for sure! There were boys there! I was 16 and probably will never be that gutsy again...

3) From cowgirltn: Who was your 1st love?

You know that boy? The one you knew when you were 13 and you swore he would be the love of your life? The one that isn't any good for you and treated you like dirt? Yeah, I had one of those. I thought for a couple of years after he did me wrong that he was my first love. Until I met J. Boy did that give me some perspective. J is my first and only true love.

4) From Krista: When are you coming to NC to see me?

You have no idea how badly I want to come! Can you imagine the shenanigans we could get into!? And the L-B's I would gain after eating your amazing cooking!? It would totally be worth it... I wonder what airfare would cost.... Uh oh! lol

5) From Jessica: With regards to IF, how far would you go in the pursuit of getting pregnant? As far as what treatments you would consider.

Probably IVF. What I am strongly considering now (for after our break is over) is pursuing alternative medicine in addition to seeing the RE. For example, I've heard excellent things about acupuncture and I would love to give that a try. When we pick back up after our rest, I want to hit this hard and from all angles. Limiting, if we can, this long drawn out torture we've experienced so far. If that means vitamins, herbs, acupuncture, supplements, injections, etc - I'm in.

6) From Musewander: What was your favorite part of life pre-IF that you loved, and possibly miss?

My ignorance. I have learned a tremendous amount about fertility and my body over the last two years. That eduction is something I truly value. However, I can distinctly remember these moments from my pre-TTC days when I would watch my husband play with our nieces and nephews and my heart would swell with the idea of him being a father. I would be giddy with thoughts and plans. Never once a second thought for the challenge of conceiving. Just blissful ignorance. J still plays with the many children in our life. My heart still swells with the thought of him being a father, but not it is accompanied by a painful ache. I miss my ignorance.

What is one thing that nobody knows about you, or that no one would expect you've done?

GOOD QUESTION. That's a tough one though... J knows probably all there is to know.

Well since J was there, he knows this one, but VERY few other people (2?) know this... When J and I were younger, and a bit more adventurous, we visited a state park. (No, that isn't the adventurous part.) We happened to stumble across an old fort. I'm not sure what it was about this old fort, but it got us all worked up. So, right there, in the middle of the day, with a peek-a-boo view of the water and even a few people in the far distance, we cured what ailed us - if you get my drift. It's a damn good thing that park wasn't crowded.

7) From Deanna: Where do you imagine yourself in 10 years with your family, career, home?

My dream is that in 10 years we will have two children. I will have left this job and be working full time doing something creative. I'm working on getting my photography business up and running and have dreams of selling my wares (prints, cards, even jewelry, headbands, etc - crafty stuff). I love the home we're in now. I have a huge back yard that the dogs love. It is centered between the local schools, super close to the lake... However, since I was a kid I have been collecting floor plans, pictures, features, etc for the house that I want to build someday. It would be great to have at least started this process within the next 10 years. Even if we're just looking for that perfect piece of land.

Feel free to add more if you'd like. I'm always happy to update this!

3 comments:

  1. Great answers, I really like getting to know you better.

    Acupuncture is not nearly as horrible as you might think. You barely feel it, and it's even kind of relaxing! Who would've thought, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Great answers -- to some great questions. Very fun.

    I echo Jessica -- I actually enjoyed acupuncture. It was ALMOST as good as getting a massage, in terms of relaxation. (not quite, but almost) Think of it as a guaranteed nap-time... I pretty much zonked out each time I went. Was lovely!

    And I went to a homeopathic dr for a while. He recommended 4 months of herbs & supplements to get me "balanaced" and rid of all the toxins in my body. While I wasn't patient enough to postpone treatments that long, I DID feel better & had more energy than I'd had in a looong time taking all that stuff. So there's some good to be had from going the 'natural' route.

    Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's everyone's answer, the ignorance. IF seems to be something not many people ever think about, unless it directly affects them.

    ReplyDelete