Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Good Ol' Days

Currently the extra room in our house, that will be the nursery, is mostly storage. We have keepsakes from childhood, fans we only use in the summer, all kinds of miscellaneous stuff that needs to find a new home. We spent some time going through some old tubs today. Mostly things from J's childhood. It was fun to see old stories he wrote in elementary school, art projects his mom saved, and tons of old toys. His mom saved everything, I swear.

We were able to fill a whole tub with toys to donate, but came across some great stuff! He has a few books and whole set of wooden cars and street signs that match. He saved his favorite matchbox cars, but still had a couple gallon ziplock bags to donate!

What I liked best was reading some of his old stories and the little surveys from school. Stories written by, "The Famous Jeremy S" at age 8. Or this survey, one clearly filled out my a teacher or parent:
At School I like to drink.

Yeah, I think we've all had a day or two like that.

It was a fun look down memory lane. And perhaps a little glimpse at the imagination that our child might have.

Sipping cider, watching the snow fall, and spending an afternoon with my husbands youth. I must say, it is not a bad way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment