Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A great day.

Yesterday was a good day.

I did have to work, but just for a couple of hours. The rest of the work day was spent with my team volunteering. We planted a rose garden and had a great time! The day was cool, but it didn't rain so it was perfect for manual labor. After 4 hours of digging and landscaping my boss bought me lunch at Red Robin (yummmmm teriyaki chicken burger...) and when I got back to my office my employees had invaded. There were streamers, a bouquet of balloons, a card, and silly drawings on my white board. OH and baked goods from this yummy local deli. They were so excited for me to see it, it was really sweet. I got to go home shortly after that!

J and I went for pedicures once I got home and cleaned up. This was his first one and he says he only gave in because it was my day. Whatever works! It was my first pedicure by a 'man' (really he was about an 18-20 year old). It was a little odd to have this kid painting my toes pink, but hey, he did a great job!

Afterward we had dinner with our family. My grandma, mom, mil, fil, and sister went to this yummy restaurant where you can throw the peanuts on the floor. I don't know why that is so fun, but we love it. They have good food and its a casual place so that we could be obnoxious and have fun and no one would care. The waitress found out it was my birthday and put a toilet seat cover around my neck and a coffee filter on my head and the staff sang to it. It was hilarious. Thankfully I could drown my semi-embarrassed self in the sundae. :) My sister bought me earrings with my birth stone (i'm not typically a fan of peridot, but they are cute), and my mom got me a pretty watch!

So many friends made a point to call/text/facebook/email, I felt very special.

The calling of another sweet baby this week was a sobbering reminder to me to be greatful for the people I have in my life. I love all of my friends (IRL or not) and I'm saying a little extra prayer for Eas and her angel baby today.

No comments:

Post a Comment