Sunday, September 27, 2009

Looking up.

J and I have had some productive conversations the last few days. Getting it out and talking through it with him has been a world of help. I going to put my effort into staying busy. Stop procrastinating with a few things we've wanted to get done around the house, etc. I've decided that no more will I put off doing things in case we get lucky.

It sounds crazy, but yesterday I went motorcycle shopping. J and I took the safety course a few years ago and he's had a couple bikes since, but I've not gotten one yet. We're talking about getting me my first bike. YAY! It will be a cheap starter bike, but I've always wanted to do it.

Also, we're planning a trip to Mexico in January with my sister and her boyfriend. There are some really great deals out there right now and we're going to take advantage.

Other than the fun things we're going to really focus on continuing to build up our savings (which sounds weird to say when I just talked about buying a bike and taking a trip...). We've got a good system set up with a small amount of 'fun money' set aside each month and the rest of our free cash is going straight to savings. It will feel good to know we're building up a bit of a safety net. We've agreed that we won't buy or do anything until we've met a certain savings goal. Anything extra we want (this is where the bike and trip come in) we'll pay cash and not charge.

So, I think we've got a decent plan together. I'm going to try and focus on the things I can control and let the one thing I cannot happen as it will. I say that now, but let's hope I can stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment