Friday, September 25, 2009

Oops

Yesterday J called and said he let our 'situation' slip to his brother. His brother, who is married to fricken fertile mertle who was pregnant approx 36 minutes after she took out her IUD. At first I was like WTF!? But, there could be worse people for J to talk to about it and he's promised not to say anything to the rest of our family. That may have had something to do with why I was so sensitive on this subject last night too (more to come on that...).

I'm not sure until yesterday he fully understood why it is so important to me that people not know. Previous to this exactly 3 people knew. Already 1 of those was on accident. I don't want the awkward questions about 'how things are coming along' or the sideward glances when I'm snuggling up to one of the gorgeous babies in my life. The last thing I want is for people feeling bad for us. When I play with my nieces or spoil my nephews, I don't want their parents looking at me with pity for what we haven't accomplished yet. Our day will come and right now I don't feel like letting our entire world into the fray. The irony that I don't want the whole world to know, yet I'm telling this story on the internet, is not lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment