Sunday, September 6, 2009

Progress!

I haven't given you all an update on my weight in awhile. I'm not avoiding it because it is bad (for once!). Honestly I have this feeling that if I speak about it I will jinx it. Stupid, I know, but I've been holding my breath waiting for the other shoes to drop, so to speak.

Last night we had a few friends over we hadn't seen in awhile. We were supposed to be camping with this group, but unfortunately the weather had other plans. We had a great time eating a YUMMY dinner (I kicked the ass of those tri tips steaks - deLISH), my friend Jess and I polished off two bottles of wine, we had TWO desserts - chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin ice cream, and then a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie and vanilla ice cream. LOL

This morning I closed my eyes when I stepped on the scale, but it said 195.7! So, I'm about 5 lbs less than when I updated you all last. Yesterday morning I did see 194.9 and that was the greatest feeling I've had in a long time. I'm about 20 lbs away from my goal (which is now to weight less than J at about 180).

This particular milestone means a little something special to me. I started this journey at 236 pounds. This mornings weight means I've officially lost 40lbs. I've always been proud of my slow and steady progress, but for some reason the idea of being 40lbs lighter just makes me giddy! When I started 40lbs simply seemed impossible. Now it makes me feel like the last 20-30 will be nothing.

Want to know what I think has been helping? I've been taking vitamins daily.

I'm determined to make the most of the next two months before our appointment. I'd like to be under 190 when I go in. That would make me 20lbs less than my last OB appt in January. 5 pounds in 8 weeks is nothing, so maybe I'll just blow that out of the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment