I am not big on the themed days of the week, but we've covered that, so I will move on.
I have "known" Blair for over a year and a half. She is an (in)famous lovely from back in my BOTB days. She was a big influence on my decision to start a blog. And it is Blair, among some other ladies of blog awesomeness, that have inspired me to participate in Thankful Thursday. With all of the emotional and stressful days in my life, I would like to force myself to sit back for a minute and recall some of the things I am thankful for this week.
So, here goes nothing:
1. My Husband. He is a calm, loyal, steady constant in my life. Saying he's been my rock doesn't quite cover it. He is just a good person. He'd do anything for a friend, helps old ladies cross the street (seriously though, he did work for a retirement community in college and they adore him), and is all around the good little boy scout he's always been. If he's ever lost his hope, he's never let that slip to me. I am grateful every day, even when he's a stubborn man, to have his influence and his love in my life. I'm not quite sure what I did right to deserve it.
2. Friends. Just because. There are too many reason I couldn't go on living without them.
3. Biggest Loser Challenge. My competitive side has won over in my quest to eat healthy and hit the gym. I'm down TWO LBS since MONDAY. Oh yes, watch me go! This summer is going to be the summer of the skinny and HOT Mrs.S. (I've been slacking, but the measurements and weigh-ins are coming back. I promise. And yes, I know you've heard that before..)
4. Photography. I believe I have found my passion. I am a serious beginner, but it really brings me happiness and a sense of purpose. I am starting classes in May. Plus, being complimented for something I can do right feels good.
5. Books. I am on a reading binge folks. I have read 10 books in about a month. If you haven't already, pick up the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. There are currently 15 books in the series and 16 is coming out soon! HIL-ARIOUS. Stephanie is my idol.
There you have it. The top 5 things I'm thankful for. Please take some time to be grateful for the good things you have in your life. I'm not saying everyone should have a Thankful Thursday blog post, but get yourself some perspective and set aside all that may be going wrong, and just focus on all that you have to be thankful for.