1. Memories - This weekend marks 6 years since my grandfather passed away. He was the glue of our family. We're not nearly as connected as we were before. My grandmother has not been the same since (I suppose that will happen when you marry someone at 17 and are together for 50+ year). However, I am eternally grateful for the time I did get to have him and the influence his memory has on my life today. I miss him terribly.
2. Long Weekends - I had today off and I don't have to return until next Tuesday. We're camping this weekend and I hope it is just the break I needed.
3. Growing Follicles and Positive OPK's - I am certain that I ovulated Tuesday/Wednesday. We have gone at it like rabbits this week and now we're patiently (or not) trying to survive the dreaded 2 week wait. Even if this turns out not to be our time, I'll be sad, but grateful for the forward progress. I finally feel like we took a step forward.
4. My New Laptop! - I finally broke down an bought a new laptop. I love it. I love Windows 7. I love the bright and beautiful screen. I love how fast it is and how I can now edit my photos in a matter of minutes and not hours. Love. Love. Love.
5. My Mom and Sister - since 'outing' myself to my Mom I feel like we have gotten so much closer. I had lunch with my Mom and sister after my appointment last week and it felt great to have an open and honest conversation about what was happening. I cannot express how big of a lift that is from my shoulders. For so long I would have sat there quietly, or talked about something else. They are a great support and I love them dearly.
I'm off to spend my Memorial Day in the woods camping with great pals. It will be our little Lacey's first camping trip! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend.