Monday, May 31, 2010

Answers!

Here are the answers to the few questions asked last week:

How has IF changed you? (good and bad) I know this is a really vague question, but just go with it. :)
IF has changed me a great deal. Both for the good and the bad.
The Good – I have learned A. Lot. about my body. I feel educated and confident about what (is supposed to) happens ‘down there’. My husband and I have grown much closer in the last year and a half. I know that adversity can cause a great deal of strain in relationships. Of course we have our rough days, but overall we are closer than ever. It is amazing to know I have such a strong partner through all of this. As time goes on I am learning patience (that’s a slooooow process) and to live my life. You cannot go on putting things off because you ‘might’ get pregnant. We are making plans and enjoying our friends and taking the ‘lets have fun while we can’ approach. I also feel that it IF has made me a more compassionate individual. I try not to judge people for their bad days and to be a better friend/sister/wife/daughter.
The Bad – It doesn’t get easier. The moments on disappointment, feelings of inadequacy, failure and sadness… The never ending dates with the dildo cams, the meds, the doctors appointments, the charting, the stress and the part where every month you have to tell your husband that it’s not our time yet? Yeah, file those under ‘the bad’. It’s made me a bit more guarded and has made my heart hang a little more heavily.

How did you meet your husband?
J and I met at work. I was 16 (he was 20 – scandalous, I know!) and it was one of my first jobs. Also, not long after we started dating, he was promoted and became my boss. (double scandal!)

If you could live anywhere in the world (if money, family, work was not a factor) where would it be and why?
I dream of the day when I can own a few homes around the world. I would love to have a home in Europe, another somewhere tropical, and the last in the mountains (Colorado maybe?). That way I would have access to a little bit of everything. If I had to pick only one place, it would be Seattle. I love where I live. My family is here. But, more than that, this place has EVERYTHING. Within a short drive you can be at the ocean, the desert, the mountains, the city, the farm, etc etc. It is green, lush, and beautiful.

What color is your hair?

I have always had blond hair. It has gotten darker as I’ve aged and for the first time since I was about 16, I have my natural hair color. It is almost to the point where I’m going to have to start calling it ‘light brown’. Perhaps someday I’ll give you a peak. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that IF has brought you and J closer. I know that it destroys a lot of marriages and it's nice to see that you guys have used it as a way to grow together instead of apart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the double scandal... we were 17 and 20, so we barely escaped scandal-free!

    I think IF can go either way as far as getting closer or pulling a couple apart. Glad to see that you guys are in the good category!

    ReplyDelete