Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 10

Day 10
Today I am thankful for compliments. After kind of a rough week, this morning I woke up and decided that I was going to fake it 'til I made it. That instead of just blowing my hair straight, pinning my bangs back and tossing on slacks and a sweater, that I would put in some effort. I curled my hair, wore my favorite sweater dress and black tights, and topped it off with fun earrings. I didn't even get to walk in the door when I ran into one of my employees and she said 'Good morning! You look so nice today!'

It made the biggest difference in my mood. Twice more I was told I looked nice today. (I did make a mental note to put in a liiiittle more effort day-to-day because I must have been living in frumpy town for a bit too long.)

I don't think we give compliments enough. I know how great it made me feel and what that did for my spirits. Can you think of the last time you were given a genuine compliment? For the rest of this month, along with thinking more about what I'm thankful for, I'm going to do my best to offer at least one sincere compliment a day. 'I love your new haircut.' 'You did a great job on that project.' etc etc etc. Not only could it impact someone the way I was impacted today, but I think spending time looking for good things will do wonders for my own demeanor.

What do you think? Want to join me in paying it forward? You all are looking very lovely this evening. :)

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya sista. I feel a million times better when I take a minute and put in a couple of extra minutes on my hair, makeup, or something. I don't know it started that I thought I didn't deserve the time in the morning to spend on myself, probably after my first baby. I think there was some disconnect between taking care of a newborn and looking like your old self, because you are so certainly NOT your old self.
    Nice blog, glad I came across it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea -- and you're so right. We ALL need to hear a few nice things about ourselves some days, just to reinforce the positives that others see (and that sometimes we overlook, ourselves). Plus, who wouldn't want to brighten someone else's day?
    Hope tomorrow's as good for you as today was!

    ReplyDelete