AKA - A Thought Dump or I'm Not Offended if You Skip This Mess
1. Yesterday I was in a funk. Probably as a result of some of the other items to come.
2. I'm thinking about going back to school. For What? Do I really have the time? Am I crazy? Why do I always have to bite off more than I can chew? Business? Photography?
3. I cannot get off the fence with this baby making business. Do I go back to the doc and start the process all over? Do I keep on going au naturale? Will the weight I lost help? Should I give acupuncture-only more time?
4. J's car isn't totalled after all. $8700 in damage and they're fixing it. Not only do I bust J's car into a billion pieces, but the lady with out insurance company gets him excited about car shopping and then takes that away from him too. I'm back to feeling like a jerk for the whole mess.
5. J's 30th birthday is around the corner and his friend and I have coordinated on what we're calling Mission: J's Badass Birthday Surprise. It's great. And on the off chance that sneaky squirrel pops in here - no details! He did ask me last Thanksgiving, "Why do we only eat this meal once a year?!" So, we're having Thanksgiving again for his birthday dinner! He's thrilled and that makes me happy.
6. It snowed today. I live near Seattle. That is not normal. Or welcome.
7. I want to run away to a tropical island and never return (See #6)
8. My life-long friend had her baby yesterday. I spoke earlier this year about her shower. Another moment where the tears were both for her happiness and the health of her sweet boy, as well as our pain.
9. I get my stitch out today. (See: Moley Post)
10. I cheated and went to the gym twice so far this week. I've been feeling fine and only did the elliptical. I did manage to maintain that whole time!
11. I survived my first week with the new job. I'm loving it so far! I felt so stuck in my old role and now I feel like there is all of this opportunity for growth, learning, and advancement. It is very exciting! (And a little daunting too for us folks who like to bite of more than we can chew. Practicing my patience!)
12. Being the newbie is hard. I am used to my job being second nature and I'm back to feeling a bit incompetent. I know it will pass, but those awkward moments are tough.
13. Old news now, but my sister scared the bejebus out of my mom for April Fools. My mom leaves the house for work before the sun comes up. She hates going to her car in the dark (it's only in the driveway, she's a wimp - like me). Well, she hit the button to unlock the car and, as always, the lights come on. When they did, it lit up a giant Jason picture my sister had placed in her window. She said that she about shit and has since been plotting her revenge. I died laughing at her message.
14. Today marks 40 days until our trip. It is next month.
15. I would like a nap.