Thursday, April 28, 2011

National Infertility Awareness Week

I didn’t want the week to pass without my acknowledging NIAW. I’m grateful that, for this week especially, attention is drawn to something that so many people shy away from talking about – myself included. I will stand behind whatever needs to be said or done to make these discussions less taboo. J and I have even started discussing being more open about our struggle. That is a huge step for us. Especially J. He's a very private person.

But this year? I just don’t feel like talking about it.

I’ve been thinking about NIAW for about the last month. What could I post about during this week? I never really landed on anything meaty, because I’m honestly just not feeling it. Is it because I talk about it all year? Maybe. It’s almost like I have a performance issue. I talk about it all the time, but then when I “have” to talk about it, I can’t bring myself to do it. Okay, it’s probably because I’m stubborn. I suppose I can live with that.

While I’m not out there busting myths (LINK) or participating more actively, I’m still here. Struggling through the day-to-day of IF, always available if you need to chat, and fighting the good fight.

Not that I felt the need to justify my actions, or lack thereof I suppose, but it is just where I’m at. Those of you out there putting for the extra effort this week? Major kudos to you. Thank you for being a voice for our community. I appreciate, very much, you picking up my slack. Your support means a great deal to me.

1 comment:

  1. This post captured so many of the thoughts I've had this week too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete