Sunday, November 29, 2009

Date with the Dildo Cam Recap

I had my appointment on Friday. It was my first experience with the dildo-cam and the whole visit went off without a hitch. He answered all of my questions, we talked about testing and meds, and it wasn't the bloody mess that I'd imagined in my head. Most importantly though, I do not have any abnormal cysts or reaction/swelling to the first month of meds. I'm cleared for the next two months of Clomid. If we're still not successful I will set an appointment in February.

I asked him about my two pink OPK lines that were not a positive. I said that it was appropriately timed, but I never got an actual positive test. He said that it is not entirely uncommon to miss the surge and to call next month if I have no inclination whatsoever that I'm ovulating (chart or OPK).

I am equal parts relieved and frustrated. Relieved that nothing is 'wrong', but still frustrated that there are no difinative answers. I know that there never will be, but it doesn't make it any easier. Back to hump-and-pray. Perhaps I should track down a mall Santa and make my Christmas wish?

No comments:

Post a Comment