Friday, November 6, 2009

Fun Times!

I had a GREAT time tonight catching up with H. It was great to learn more about who she is now. I had her situation all wrong. Her and her husband were planning to conceive and they got very lucky and conceived right away. (Yes, universe, that still means you're not off the hook!!) She is only a few weeks and just had her first set of beta's taken. She is definitely in the 'cautiously optimistic' stage. I am really happy for her.

We, meaning I, had a couple of drinks and then spent and hour and a half in Target. We looked at books and rummaged through the clearance Halloween leftovers. OMG the things we tried on. I don't think I've laughed that hard in weeks! There may or may not be photographic evidence of our escapades. If you're good maybe I'll share. :)

We had pretty much a great non-stop conversation. I shared with her the cliff notes version of our TTC journey, which is a big deal for me, and she was a great listener. It just felt natural to tell her.

Yes, I'm still upset with the universe, but when am I not? I am excited to have a new friend back and I look forward to getting to know each other again. We did EVERYTHING together in high school, maybe this will be our month and we can do this together too.

No comments:

Post a Comment