Monday, February 22, 2010

Another Busy Week.

This week is going to be a hectic one. We got an unfortunate phone call this morning, J's grandfather passed away. While this is awful and sad, it was equally a blessing. He's up there (I want to say he was about to turn 88 or 89) and he has been sick for some time. The fact that he is no longer suffering brings us peace of mind. My ache is for Grandma. They'd been married 63 years. The year J and I got engaged we flew down there for their 60th wedding anniversary. What do you do with yourself after all that time? J and I will just have to go on the same day, The Notebook style. That's the only reasonable solution.

It does mean that we have to get our butts to Arizona on Wednesday. My MIL went down there today to help her Mom and will be calling us tonight so that we can book flights, cars and rooms. My goal was to work out 5 days this week and I am determined to still make that happen. I went tonight, go me! Tomorrow I have an appointment for an ultrasound and to chat about the next leg in this whole mess of making a baby. Then I have to get to work for most of the day, hit the gym, get the dog to his grandpa's house and pack! We plan to leave first thing Wednesday and will be back on Saturday. It is supposed to be nice down there so I am bringing my gym stuff. My MIL loves to walk and I figure we'll both need a break now and then. There are lots of good parks and trails near where we are staying. I'll report back when I return and tell you how well I did.

I hope everyone has a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment