Monday, February 1, 2010

Laughter and other child-like behavior.

One of the coolest chicks I know, Isha, inspired this post. Her post was about how 'lame' her and her husband are. I don't think they are lame at all! But that's probably because what she described can commonly be taking place at our house.

Singing Songs
Changing the lyrics to songs to make them silly
Making up our own songs
Dancing
Tickling/poking
Giving the Squish of Death (comes in many forms ranging from bear hug to belly flop)
Having full conversations with Harley (or Harley, or Harlimous, or Mr. Ray, or stinky-stinkerkins --- see the next bullet please!)
And my favorite? Making up new words.

I have made up new words since I was a kid. One day when I was about 8 I said 'ginormous' on accident. My friend and I laughed and laughed because it was a funny slip of the tounge. So, we started using it allll the time. No more 'enormous' or 'giant'. Now, that word is in the dictionary! No joke. Okay, so I may not have actually invented the word, or been the first to use it in print, but the word didn't become popular until the 90's and personally I think you should thank ol' Yours Truly.

I friend of mine accidentely used the word 'contribucations' and I almost peed my pants. Love it!

But I digress. We have tons of silly nicknames for one another. I hardly ever use J's actual name. Usually only if we're around other people that don't know us all that well, or if he's in trouble. lol

I have often said that the secret to our successful relationship is our ability to make each other laugh. That and of course or passion for the game of Slug-Bug. Having a legitamate excuse to slug your spouse is good for your marriage. I promise. We have fun every day. That is how I knew that he was the one for me. He isn't just funny, hes fun!

Have you chuckled with your mate yet today?

1 comment:

  1. Ok so what regularly happens at our house is when we do the changing song lyrics/making up songs (which we do as well and that makes me smile), we also add "Your butt." Example. It's your love by Tim and Faith.
    "It's your butt. It just does something stinky. Oh em gee it's sooo tinkyyyy. I can't get enough!"
    :D

    ReplyDelete