Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh the hilarity of it all.

Part of the TTC process, and especially with the added infertility, are the crazy conversation topics. Especially while one or both of us is at work. I do not have a private office. I'm in an over sized cubical for petesake. Those walls are as thick, and block as much noise, as a tissue.

Today J called and we were talking about his need to drop off 'sample' at the lab. Now, I am in my office and J is somewhere having his lunch. Neither of us was technically alone. So I'm referencing his 'appointment' and that I would prefer he get it out of the way so that we have answers before we would have to meet with the doctor. But instead of just saying, I'd prefer to have the results of your sperm analysis before I have to go back in for another ultrasound and talk about our next steps, I'm talking around the whole subject and J is busy filling in the blanks on his end. It was hilarious trying to talk in these vague and generic terms so that no one could pick up what we're talking about.

Towards the end of our conversation I just had to laugh. I mean only in my life would I be covering up a conversation about my husbands semen while I'm at work!

(Yes, that means J's boys are at the lab. Please send us any spare positive thoughts they are healthy and strong. Thanks!)

1 comment: