Monday, March 21, 2011

March ICLW!

Welcome to all of those visiting from March's ICLW. And, of course, hi to all of you regulars too!

I have taken quite a few months off from ICLW, but I am so very happy to be back. Honestly, I just felt that since we were on a break that I didn't have much to share. But, I missed it! I missed meeting all of the new visitors, and discovering new blogs. While we're not really back-in-the-saddle on the active ttc front, we're still taking baby steps.

To sum up our journey for those who are new to these parts...

*We have been trying to conceive for 2.5 years (Sept '08)
*Diagnosed with PCOS in Oct. 2009
*Poor response to both Clomid and Femara, before I was dumped by my doc
*Instead of continuing with Seattle Reproductive Medicine we have been on a break since August 2010
(See TTC History in the menu above)

My focus in 2011 has been on my health. Eliminating stress, exercising, eating better, and all around pulling myself out of the funk I've been living in. I'm happy to report that so far I've been making great strides. I'm coping better with our struggle. We're communicating very well as a couple. I've been working to eliminate stress (helllloooo new job!) and getting acupuncture. Most profoundly, I've dropped another 20lbs.

After seeing my naturopath we decided that I would drop a much needed 40lbs (at that time it was 20% of my body weight) and see how my PCOS was. I'm halfway there! Already I feel better and I'm starting to see my cycles regulate. That's no guarantee that it will go away entirely, but it certainly isn't going to hurt.

I am so grateful for the community that we are building through the blogosphere. The support I have received has meant so much to me over the past few years. I hope that I am able to provide at least a fraction of the support I have been shown by all of you. Thank you for dropping by!

If you have any questions for me, feel free to shout them out!


**I am overjoyed by the response to the Common Thread bracelets. I promise to get started on them this week! Feel free to pay it forward and do the same on your own blog. Keep them coming!**

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Can you tell me about this ICLW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia - ICLW is an International Comment Leaving Week organized by the Stirrup Queen's website. There is a link on the right hand side of this page that will give you much better detail. :)

    To me, ICLW is an awesome way to meet other people going through similar situations. Great networking for expanding this amazing support group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs.S I have found u through ICLW I have had a quick read and u give me hope that I can get out of my funk.. SO jealous of ur up coming trip...
    Can wait to read more of ur blog..
    Thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide where to comment, you have so many exciting things going on. I love what you're doing with the common thread bracelets--it's something I've been thinking of doing for a while, myself.

    I also want to say kudos to you for all the stuff you're doing to improve your health. PCOS is a kicker--it requires so many life-style changes--but it sounds like you are kicking back!

    And Hooray for your trip to Europe! Enjoy!

    ICLW #32

    ReplyDelete