Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet message from my SIL

I got an email from my sister-in-law yesterday. We're not particularly close, but when the subject line said something about her being nosy, I knew what she wanted to ask about.

Through a series of clicks she came across Rachel's blog. Specifically the article I mentioned yesterday. J told his brother late last year that we were trying and of course he shared that with his wife. Neither of them have ever said anything to us about it. Whether to avoid awkwardness or respect our privacy, I was okay with it.

Her email was very sweet. It said that she put 2-and-2 together and figured it was me Rachel was talking about. That if she was being too forward I was welcome to tell her to buttout. That she was excited about the recent progress and the prospect of J and I becoming parents and that (queue the water works) it would be one lucky baby to have us as parents. She said that she is looking forward to the day our niece has a little cousin and that if I ever needed to talk she was available.

I couldn’t even read it out loud to J without getting choked up. I had to pass him the laptop to read it for himself. It was really nice of her to reach out. Especially since we’re friendly, but we’ve never been extremely close.

I’m very blessed to have such a wonderful family. I too am hoping that my little niece will have a cousin sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. It's always great to have family that understands and will be there for you. When going through my miscarriages, they helped me out tremendously. Praying that your journey is soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that is sweet. I am so looking forward to telling my adorable little nieces and nephews that they have a cousin on the way. Hopefully one day soon. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete