Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I need a vacation.

I believe that my allergies from the weekend have developed into a cold. I'm all plugged up and because I've had to breath through my mouth, my throat is sore. It took all I had to get up and come into work today. I cannot tell you how many times I thought about calling in. The only reason I didn't is because that would mean more work and more stress when I returned. Uggggh.

My job gets more and more stressful as time goes on. I'm basically doing the job that three managers were previously responsible for. I'm not getting paid more, or getting additional perks. Just like most people I'm being asked to do more (a LOT more) with less. I am considering bringing this up to my new boss and I am just not certain how. I suppose I should just lay my responsibilities out and see what he says. It isn't like it will hurt.

A friend of mine is trying to get me to come and work for him. The base salary would be less than I am making now, but I would be eligible for monthly bonuses and OT. So that means I could potentially make more. I don't know that I'm ready to take that risk, but it is sounding more appealing every day.

I've been thinking more and more about taking a break. Own two-year IF anniversary is approaching and the more I think about it, the more anxious and awful I feel. But, do I want to start over with the meds and the appointments and testing? I'm afraid of feeling like a quitter.

Couple work stress with IF stress and add to that an every growing list of chores and to-do's at home... I'm ready to run away. Far, far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment