Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I cannot believe Thursday is here again already! I'm having kind of a long and rough week (anybody want to volunteer to stay up with my pup when she wants to party from 10:30 - 2:30AM??), so it is good timing to take a minute and chat about all that I'm thankful for.

1. I am employed. My job is incredibly frustrating right now. Like most everyone else we're being asked to do more with less. Unfortunately for managers that makes everyone on your team a little pissy. So now I need to do more, manage more, put up with more, etc. However, I am fortunate in that unlike so many I am collecting a reasonably decent paycheck every two weeks and am able to pay my bills.

2. My dogs are now the best of friends! At first Harley (who is 6 1/2) didn't want too much to do with our baby Lacey. Mostly he just avoided her. Starting this week they are snuggling, playing for hours on end, he'll even let her clean his ears and he'll give up his toys. They're really sweet. It warms me heart.

3. Working from Home. I am fortunate in that every other Friday I get to work from home. It allows me a chance to catch up on a lot of my administrative tasks, thus allowing me to be more 'present' when I'm in the office. 8+ hours of uninterrupted time are priceless. Save your drama for Monday unless it can be handled over the phone or via email!

4. My Mom and Sister. When J and I got home from our trip on Sunday my house was SPOTLESS. They had vaccuumed, organized my hall closet, cleaned the kitchen, washed all the sheets, etc etc etc. I almost cried I was so relieved not to have to worry about it after being in the car all day.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment: