Monday, August 15, 2011

Yesterday Was Good

Yesterday I really felt like me. With the exception of a few crampy or painful moments, I felt more like myself than I have in weeks.

We hung out with our friends all day. We drove up into the mountains with the dogs and spent the afternoon. The dogs swam in the pond and chased each other around. I taught my girlfriend to drive the quad and we shot guns. Didn't know I had that much redneck in me, did you?

Let me tell you, shooting was phenomenal therapy. I picked up a rifle for the first time and I felt back on top of the world when I hit the target with the first shot. Especially when the boys hollared. Doing something better than the boys just does something for a competitive girls ego.

We went for ice cream, chatted on the long drive and in general kept things off my mind.

It was just what the doctor ordered.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a well-deserved good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like shooting off a gun to relieve stress! Where can I get me one? :) Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get much chance to shoot, but it sure is fun! I should get myself one for therapy reasons...and home protection I suppose. :)

    I am glad you had some time to relax a bit.

    MissC

    ReplyDelete