Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Positive Spin

I figured since I have secured my shitastic Monday under my oversized belt, I should continue with my rollercoaster posting and go for something positive today. Sound like a plan? K, good.

I learned a little lesson yesterday.

First, J and I had this great talk last night (and the past few days) about cycles, ovulation, timing, OPK's and how they work (trying these next month I think..), implantation, etc. The nice thing was that we could just chat and he was actually speaking the language right with me! I am very lucky to have a husband that is actively involved and by my side the whole way. If we'd conceived right away neither of us would have any idea, or at least much less of an idea, of the logistics of how this whole mess works. Mostly, we would have had slightly less appreciation for the miracle we were blessed with. We knew when we started TTC that we were ready. Now that we've been at it awhile (literally and metaphorically speaking of course), we've had plenty of opportunity to get frustrated and call it quits - but we haven't. We know what we want, and I'm more confident than ever that we're ready.

Second, I am learning so much about my body, myself, and of course - babies. Especially babies. I am literally surrounded by pregnant women or moms and their freshly hatched spawn. I am in this state of constant baby-knowledge-osmosis. My involvement in BOTB has taught me more than I ever thought I would need to know. Of course there will be things I will never fully understand until I have the luxury of experience, but at least I have a heads up. And because I'm an overachieving, brownnosing, kissasssuckup - I've been taking notes. Oh yes. I have documents saved with products that rock (ones to avoid too!), websites linked, tips to keep in mind. For example, if I ever have trouble breast feeding, I practically have a grocery list already made of things that I can try to help. Because no one knows IRL (with the exception of a select few - read: Me, DH, and two of my girlfriends) that we are TTC, I have had to catch myself in conversations with my mom/mom-to-be friends. They start to give me the side eye because I know more than I should. Yes, I know, I get it, I need a life. I'm working on it!

The learning about my body and myself part goes without much need for elaboration. Any new adventure is an opportunity to learn about yourself. I only regret that I didn't find this information to be more valuable sooner. Honestly, I think all girls of pubescent age should be required to read Taking Charge or Your Fertility or a similar book, not to conceive as a teen or anything, but to ACTUALLY know how your body works. Not the dumbed down, inaccurate version you learn in school. We've created a herd of misinformed youth. And with their tendency towards curiosity and experimentation, we've cut off our nose to spite our face.

Nothing on the actual TTC front to report. There is still the ever slim possibility that I O'd on CD13/14 if I disregard the crazy high temps (where I slept in on CD5 and 6). I'm not holding my breath. I am not confident in that at all actually. Even if I did, there aren't any guarantees that this is our month.

No comments:

Post a Comment