Monday, May 4, 2009

Charting

When J and I started our TTC adventure (Oct08 was our first cycle), we said that we would not chart or plan. We would just go off of BC and see how it goes. Well....... that lasted all of a few weeks. After that we decided we would just adopt the '10 days after your period have sex for 10 straight days' approach because, well, because 10 straight days sounded pretty fun! Well that cycle was 67 days long... needless to say, it didn't work out.


I have put off charting for a few reasons. Mostly, because once I start something I am mildly obsessive about it. I start planning, budgeting, window-shopping, etc. I was the same way with our wedding, our vacations, you name it. I was going to do my best this time to be calm and go with the flow. YEAH RIGHT. We are now in our 8th month and with the exception of this last month, I have been exactly the opposite. I've had crazy cycles, phantom 'symptoms', awful periods, etc. All of the things that make me crazy, because there is no way to 'plan'. (Yes, I realize that once the kid gets here there will be even less I can plan for. I see the irony.)

In order to feel like I have some idea of what is going on with my body, I have decided to suck it up and chart. I already enrolled in Fertility Friend and completed all of the lessons (I did that before the end of the year). I don't plan on consulting with my doctor until we have gone a full year without conceiving. I hope that charting these last few months will give me some additional information to take with me to the dr, should we go the next 4-5 months with no success. AF is roughly due this weekend and so far I have no signs (but that is nothing new...).

No comments:

Post a Comment