Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A New Baby.

A dear friend of mine gave birth to her first child last night, a son. This dear friend, we can all her Mrs. F, and her dear husband Mr. F have been together since the dawn of time. Okay, not quite that long, but still. They had tried for many years to have a child and were told that their chances were close to nil.

Fast forward about a dozen years and you'll find that miracles DO happen. This fall Mr and Mrs F found out that they were expecting. You cannot believe the joy that has been felt across our little world. There have been celebrations, and tears of joy, and there has been SHOPPING, oh yes there has been shopping.

Not even that tiny tiny voice in the back of my mind that says 'J and I have been trying to conceive for longer than they've known they were expecting ::sigh::' can come even close to dimming the joy that I have for Mr and Mrs F. There is no doubt in my mind that they will raise a loving, well rounded, hilarious, musically inclined, earth concious productive member of our society. These two were born to be parents. They are absolutely amazing people and I know they will be even more amazing parents.

This miracle has brought me a hope. Hope that even if all else is wrong in the world, this little miracle is right. That makes the rest okay by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment