Monday, July 19, 2010

2 Years Ago Today

Two years ago this day I married my very best friend. It happened to be the day before our 7th anniversary. Our wedding day was amazing, for a number of reasons...

1) I planned every detail. I made our invitations, our centerpieces, bridesmaid bouquets, programs, favors, guest book (that still isn't done..), planned all the important songs, etc. etc. etc. (with some help from J and my MOH of course) I was extremely happy with the work we'd done and very proud to show it to our family and friends.

2) Pretty much our entire family was there. You know those invites you have to send out to that aunt or uncle you're not extremely close to, but they live 5 states away so you doubt they'd make the trip? They came. J's mom said it was the first time all of her siblings were in one place in years. I was honored that everyone made the sacrifices to come.

3)Our venue was AMAZING. We were married in the country and our reception was in the barn. Before you get images of us sharing our dinner with livestock, this 'barn' was built specifically for receptions and events. Not a single piece of hay to be seen. I mean look at it!Do you see that car? That's what we drove away in. See the upper doors? That's the balcony to the bridal suite. I love this place. On another piece of their property they grow Christmas trees. We get to go back every year and cut ours down. It's an excellent excuse to visit where we were married each year.

4) Last, but certainly not least, J. He showed up that day and married my pesky butt. For that single action (and for another reason or two I suppose...) I will love him unconditionally for the rest of my life and beyond. He is my very best friend. My number one supporter. My partner in crime.

Our wedding was the most amazing I have ever been too. I know I might be a little biased, but I truly believe it. We were original, it was fun, the food and cake were DELICIOUS, the venue was gorgeous, and I feel the day truly represented each of us. We didn't stick to traditional things (like the garter toss), but instead played the shoe and kissing games. Those are decisions I am SO happy we made because it turned just another wedding into something very representative of us as people. It took a LOT of work, but in the end it made all the difference in the world.

I am so grateful to have married such a wonderful man. A man who sticks up for me no matter what, but challenges me when he thinks I'm wrong or could do better for myself. Someone who is loyal and dedicated to our marriage and our family. He tells me like it is, but sprinkles in the occasional thing he knows I just want/need to hear. He puts up with my crap, and after the last two years of IF, that's a lot! We have so much fun together. We laugh daily. We hold hands in the grocery store. Every night we fall asleep snuggled together. He does the laundry, folks. I mean HELLO, he's a keeper. ;)

Happy Anniversary, J. Thank you for everything you do for me, us, our home, our family and future family, and mostly - just for being you. I love you more today than I ever thought possible.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool that we have the exact same anniversary! Happy 2nd anniversary to you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete