Saturday, July 3, 2010

Update On My Date With Dr. Wrong

My doctor was in surgery yesterday so I got another chance to hang with Dr. Wrong. I have to give her credit, she was much more patient and collaborative this time. She would not refill my prescription without a scan, so I went in and got checked out. Everything was fine. Sweet!

We discussed the potential early ovulation and basically decided that even if I did, it wasn't a great response. We're going forward with the 7.5mg dosage on cd 3-7. I asked about the difference between taking the Femara on days 3-7 vs. 5-9. She mentioned that moving forward the dosage is a more aggressive approach. It is essentially equal to upping the dosage. So, we're doing both!

I did have to take my first blood pregnancy test to 'be certain' that I wasn't pregnant before we started the next cycle. This was because the bleeding was not as heavy as typical, I started so early, and I didn't have any of my usual PMS symptoms. BFN, of course.

I am going to begin using my OPK's earlier this month and call if I get a positive before my day 12 scan. Otherwise I am going to cross my fingers and pray that in 10 days I've got a few big fat follicles and am ready for IUI. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the long holiday weekend.

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment